Fox News heavies Bill O’Reilly, Glenn Beck bite back after White House dig – Daily News

By at October 13, 2009 | 12:04 pm | Print

alg_bill-oreilly_barack-obama_glenn-beck

Fox News heavies Bill O’Reilly, Glenn Beck bite back after White House dig

BY RICHARD SISK

DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Updated Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 2:09 PM

Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly (l.) and Glenn Beck and the White House are locked in a war of words.

WASHINGTON – Fox News Channel types were ready to rumble Tuesday and are eagerly awaiting the next White House salvo.

Fox cable biggies Glenn Beck and Bill O’Reilly could hardly contain their delight at being labeled GOP shills Sunday by Obama administration Communications Director Anita Dunn, a charge that will likely prove a big ratings booster for the Rupert Murdoch-owned outlet.

“They’re more worried about the war on Fox than the actual war in Afghanistan,” Beck crowed on his show. “Anita, do enjoy the show.”

O’Reilly said “there’s no question that Fox News is tougher on the Obama administration than the other TV operations because we actually have some conservative commentators on this network.”

But O’Reilly insisted that “Our hard news reporters don’t do commentary.”

The excitable Beck was so happy with the attention that he plopped a map of Manhattan on his desk and put little plastic tanks and artillery pieces around Fox headquarters in Midtown.

On CNN’s “Reliable Sources” Sunday, Dunn called Fox “a wing of the Republican Party.”

via Fox News heavies Bill O’Reilly, Glenn Beck bite back after White House dig.

Archive Barack Obama News Politics , , , , ,

Related Posts

4 Comments

1. Bob Chochola, 5 years ago

I think it’s amazing that the White House has time to duke it out with FNC given the mess we are in now. But I’m quite sure FNC is thankful for the ratings spike – not that they needed it. Are these “Czars” in the Obama Administration (not to mention his cabinet members) dopes to think that this battle will do anything but boost FNC in the ratings? I mean, FNC is killing everyone on cable – it isn’t even close. I think it’s all a smoke screen to divert America’s attention myself. FNC will reap the rewards and so will Obama when Socialized medicine is passed while everyone looks the other way.

2. Patti Dahlstrom, 5 years ago

Wah, wah, wah! I realize whining is easier than doing the actual job. Find a place to fly; you’re good at that!

3. Mary Kennedy, 5 years ago

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVT6o6LUxmw&hl=en&fs=1&]

4. miguel guadalupe, 5 years ago

bill i watch your show every day and i like what you have to say to people, as far as i am concern your a yust and honest person you tell it as it is, without concernto what people say about you.
    i have a heavy complaint about wells fargo bank, i have a credit card w/them for the last 3 yr i have been paying them religiously for the past 2 yrs without missing a beet , the monthly payment tht i am supposed to pay monthly is about $30.00 dollars A MONTH and i send $86.00 a month almost thripple the amount that i am supposed to pay.
    they are charging me 20.99 % every month, and the other i called to reduced my rate to a lowered rate i have discuused with them 3 o 4 times to no avail.
    finally i wrote a letter to headquarters and the response that they gave me was that because of adversed credit and b/k that i had filed 2 yrs ago they denied my request.
    now i did not give them permission to pull my credit report , but my concern is tha if i did not take them down on my b/k what has my past credit have to do with anything if i have been paying them relegiously.
    thankmr. OREYLY here is hoping that you give me an answer as nsoon as possible to my problem to see if i can get this rate reduced .
    yours i remain